From Clean Eating July 2011 page 84
- 1 tbsp EVOO, plus additional to serve
- 4 tbsp anchovy paste
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 15 leaves Black Tuscan kale (or standard kale or escarole), cleaned and center rib removed
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 4 tbsp unsweetened golden raisins
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 Italian ciabatta, toasted or grilled, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
one: In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Gradually add anchovy paste and garlic, stirring until mixture turns golden brown. Immediately add 1 cup water, kale, beans, raisins, nuts, and olives and cook until kale is tender and wilted, 3-5 mins. Remove from heat.
two: Place bread pieces in 8 separate bowls and carefully divide kale-bean mixture and skillet juices evenly over top of each piece. Garnish evenly with cheese and drizzle with additional oil, if desired.
Nutrients per serving 1/4 cup serving: Calories 157, total fat 7g, carbs 20g, fiber 4g, sugars 3g, protein 5g, sodium 379mg