Okay, disclaimer – of course, this is NOT authentic. I’m a woman who was born and raised in the deep South. I have never even been to Vietnam.
This is a recipe I found on the back of the Pacific Natural Foods box of pho base. It is so easy to make and so good. This can easily be a staple for me as there are so many variations.
- 2 cups Pacific Natural Foods Pho base (they have vegetarian and chicken versions)
- 1 cup cooked rice noodles
- 3 oz baked chicken tenders (place chicken on baking dish sprayed with EVOO or PAM, salt and pepper, quick spray on the chicken – bake at 350 until cooked through – about 20 mins)
- Baby bok choy – chopped
- Bean sprouts
- Green onion – chopped
- Cook chicken and/or noodles (for noodles, follow directions on package)
- Measure out pho base and pour into sauce pan, bring to a boil, then return to simmer and add baby bok choy
- When bok choy starts to wilt, add chicken to heat through
- Add noodles to heat through
- Pour into bowl and top with bean sprouts, onion, cilantro and a squeeze of Sirracha
Nutrients Per Serving: 400 calories, 2g Fat, 33.9 g Protein, 57.4 Carbs, AND ridiculous amounts of sodium — yikes, just figured this out! 🙂 I have calculated 1455mg sodium. Will have to see how to get that down (it’s from the pho base).