- Seeds of Change Organic Quiona & Whole Grain Brown Rice (1 package)
- Seeds of Change Madras Simmer Sauce (1 jar)
- 100% Organic Lentils (1 can)
- 1 organic yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 organic clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil
- Olive oil in heated saute pan, add onion and stir until cooked (translucent).
- In the meantime, open the can of lentils, drain in collander, and rinse with fresh water until water runs clear off beans. Shake collander to get out as much water as you can.
- When onions are cooked, and salt and pepper onions, and add garlic. Let simmer for 1 mins – don’t let the garlic burn or it will be bitter.
- Add lentils. Stir and let any remaining water cook off. About 2 mins.
- Open jar of simmer sauce and pour into pan. Add a 1/4 cup fresh filtered water to jar, replace lid and shake, dump the rest of the sauce in the pan. Stir.
- Let simmer until cooked through and bubbly.
- I serve 1/4 of the beans over 1/2 cup of rice. I top with something cooling like feta cheese (1.2 ounce) or 1/2 tbsp plain greek yogurt (tastes like sour cream). If you want, you could serve with a fresh pita and hummus.
In the photo above, I’ve topped with feta and served with pita chips and Trader Joes spinach, kale and yogurt dip.